The Italian Sensory Science Society and the European Sensory Science Society have the pleasure to invite you to the 8th E3S Sensory Science Symposium “Tasting the Future in Sensory and Consumer Science”.
The E3S Symposium will bring together renowned speakers from industry and academia to review and discuss the emerging directions in sensory and consumer science with a focus on cross-age and cross-gender issues. Age- and gender-related differences in food perception, liking and choice are notoriously important within the discipline of sensory and consumer science and are one of the main challenges for food companies.
The symposium will aim to promote, disseminate and exchange national and international research outputs in this highly topical research area.
Deadline for registrations: May 17th 2019
Extended deadline for abstract submission – Best Student Flash Presentation: April 30th 2019
To register to the symposium and pre-symposium activties please fill in this form:Register now
Registration to the symposium is 100 euro and will include registration to the SISS for 2019.
Registration for SISS members is free of charge.
BANK TRANSFER TO: Società Italiana di Scienze Sensoriali
Bank: Unicredit Banca di Roma – Agenzia Firenze Redi
viale Redi, 41/L Firenze – Italy
IBAN: IT 17 N 02008 02829 000400324336
Swift code: UNCRITM1RO0
Receipt of payment will be provided at the event. If you need a proforma to proceed with the payment please contact email@example.com
Tuesday 28th May 2019
Venue: University of Milan, Aula 201, 7 Festa del Perdono Street, Milano
09.00 – 10.00 Registration and welcome coffee
10.00 – 10.20 Introduction
10.20 – 11.00 Food preferences from early life to the very old. Wender Bredie, University of Copenhagen, Denmark
11.00 – 11.20 New perspective on taste perception: does oral microbiota composition play a role?. Camilla Cattaneo, University of Milan, Italy
11.20 – 11.40 The influence of older age on sensory perception and consequences for food design. Lisa Methven, University of Reading, UK
11.40 – 12.30 Flash presentations by young researchers
12.30 – 14.00 Lunch
14.00 – 14.20 Sensory, Culinary and Marketing Strategies for Dietary Change. Jean-Xavier Guinard, UC Davis, USA
14.20 – 14.40 Taking gender into account: Theoretical perspectives and implications for sensory sciences. Sara Spinelli, University of Florence, Italy
14.40 – 15.00 Opportunities and Challenges in cross cultural studies. Monica Borgogno, Mériuex Nutrisciences, Italy
15.00 – 15.10 Flash presentation award
15.10 – 15.30 Closing remarks and announcement of the next E3S annual symposium
Pre-symposium E3S Activities
Monday 27th May 2019
Venue: Palazzo Greppi (Sala napoleonica), 12 Sant’Antonio Street, Milano
- 14.00 – 16.00: E3S Working groups activities (in parallel)
– E3S PDO Working Group workshop (this workshop will start at 13.00)
– E3S Education Working Group Meeting
– E3S Taste Sensitivity Working Group Meeting
– E3S Student & Early Career Researcher Group
- 16.00 – 16.30: Coffee break
- 16.30 – 18.30: E3S & SISS Non food Meeting
- 16.30 – 19.00: E3S General Assembly
The General Assembly is open to E3S delegates only; the last part of the GA is open also to the WG leaders to report on the activities
- 20.00 – 22.00: Apericena (aperitivo/dinner) (Ticketed event)
After the apericena a “digestive” walk is planned to discover the center of Milan
Call for abstracts - Best Student Flash Presentation
To encourage participation from sensory science students across Europe, a dedicated student session will be organized in combination with the main event. Students are invited to submit an abstract of their research for a flash presentation, which will be reviewed and scored by an independent scientific judging panel. The winner of the best flash presentation award will be granted with 100 euro.
Extended abstracts’ instructions
The extended abstract should be 400 words and must have the following items:
Results and Discussion
In order to facilitate editing, the following rules should be adhered to:
Use A4 page format (210 x 297 mm)
Leave 2.5 cm margins at the top, bottom, right and left sides of each page
Use Arial font
Use size 14 points bold for paper title, size 12 points bold for authors’ names, size 12 points bold for section titles, and size 12 points regular for the text.
Use single space between lines.
You must also submit the following:
A short CV (max 1 page)
A supporting letter from a supervisor confirming eligibility of the student
The University of Milan is a public teaching and research university including 8 faculties and 2 schools and a teaching staff of more than 2000 professors. It is the largest university in the region, with approximately 64,000 students and the only Italian university among the 22 members of LERU (League of European Research Universities).
The symposium will be held in classroom 201 in Festa del Perdono Street
The pre-conference E3S activities (Monday, 27th May 2019) will be organized in Palazzo Greppi, 12 Sant’Antonio Street, Milano.
Unimi is located in the heart of the city of Milan (Duomo/Missori area), so it is very easy to reach with public transportation and close the most important attractions of the city (e.g. The Cathedral, the Scala theatre, the Da Vinci’s Last supper, the Sforzesco Castle and the fashion “Golden triangle”).
How to reach the venue
- Linate airport: the oldest and the only airport lying within the city limits, is mainly used for domestic and short-haul international flights. To reach the venue you can either take a taxi (approx. 10 minutes ride, costs approx. 15-20 euros) or to take public transportation (bus line 73, get off at the bus stop San Babila M1 and then walk approx. 10 minutes)
- Malpensa airport: the second-busiest airport in Italy is 45 km (28 mi) from downtown Milan and is connected to the city by the Malpensa Express railway service (http://www.malpensaexpress.it/en/) and many Shuttle services (http://www.malpensashuttle.it/en/index.html). Both railway and shuttle services take you to Cadorna train station. Here take the metro line 1 (red line) direction Sesto FS and get off at the stop Duomo then walk approx. 10 minutes
- Orio al Serio airport (Bergamo): serves mainly the low-cost traffic of Milan. To reach Milan you can take a Shuttle (https://www.terravision.eu/airport_transfer/bus-bergamo-airport-milan/?noredirect=en_US) and reach the Central train station. Here take the metro line 3 (yellow line) direction S. Donato and get off at the stop Missori then walk approx. 5 minutes
- Milan Central Station: take the metro line 3 (yellow line) direction S. Donato and get off at the stop Missori then walk approx. 5 minutes.
|HOTEL DEI CAVALIERI
Piazza Giuseppe Missori 1, 20123, Milano
Zona Missori /Duomo
|Single room Queen Size € 160
Business King Size € 200
|For reservations, please return this form to the hotel: Form Hotel Cavalieri Event SISS E3S 2705|
Via F. Baracchini, 12 – 20123 Milano
|Single room € 181
Double room € 205
Double room (single use) € 195
Double room superior € 230
Double room superior (single use) € 205
Triple room € 220
C.so Europa, 9 – 20122 Milano
|Best rate available||*|
|STARHOTEL ROSA GRAND
Via Pattari, 5 – 20122 Milano http://www.starhotels.it
|Best rate available||For reservations, please return this form to the hotel: FORM PRENOTAZIONI Unimi starhotel|
Via Santa Sofia, 16 – 20122 Milano
Tel. 02/58304844, Fax 02/58300282,sito: http://www.canadahotel.it/e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Triple room (+35%)
|Guest house||CA’ MONTEGGIA
Via S. Antonio n. 9 20122 Milano
|Single room € 110,00/125,00
Double room € 148,00/168,00
Double room (single use) € 140,00/160,00
*For reservations, please contact the hotel and indicate that you will attend the SISS/E3S symposium to take advantage of the discounted rate or the best rate available