Taste and Nutrition Researcher (50%, m/f/d) in Vitznau, Switzerland as per December 2021 for 1 year with possibility for extension
Cereneo Center for Interdisciplinary Research (cefir) is a non-profit organization that conducts applied clinical research at the intersection of technology and neurorehabilitation. Uniquely positioned directly adjacent to the cereneo neurorehabilitation clinic, cefir plays a leading role in designing, evaluating, and applying novel technical approaches to tailor and optimize patients’ rehabilitation. Research projects are developed in constant interaction with patients, caregivers, and clinicians. Close ties to the major Swiss universities and university hospitals, together with international collaborations, ensure access to cutting-edge technology and research. cereneo is equipped with state-of-the-art neurorehabilitation research equipment, but it is the open and curios mindset of our researchers and clinicians that empower and drive true innovation and clinical excellence.
Personalizing nutrition for tasty and healthy eating
You are responsible for developing, implementing, and validating a series of assessment protocols for taste acuity and taste liking in three settings: experimental sensory booths, a high-end restaurant, and a clinical environment with neurological patients. These assessments form the basis of a tailored nutritional program that respects both the taste preferences and the individual nutritional requirements of each client. Clinical trials will be performed to determine the effects of this program on health and wellbeing during neurorehabilitation. You will work on-site and remote in a cross-functional team with a clinical nutritionist, food engineer, app developers, and neuroscientists and collaborate closely with Prof. Gasparini from the University of Trieste.
- PhD in Nutritional Science, Clinical Nutrition, Sensory Evaluation, or related fields
- Demonstrated experience population-based studies
- Good understanding of sensory assessments, psychometrics, and health nutrition profiles
- Good knowledge of experimental design
- Proficient oral and written English skills. Working knowledge of German is beneficial
- Knowledge of scientific computing languages and statistic packages (Matlab, R, Python)
- Strong conceptional skills, independent working style and the ability to meet deadlines
- Cross-domain team player and creative solution finder
Why join cereneo Foundation?
cereneo foundation offers an open, entrepreneurial, independent, and fair leadership culture. In addition to that, we provide:
- A unique blend of research and clinical environments
Access to cutting edge research tools such as:
o Rehabilitation Robotics
o Motion Capture Laboratory
o Research fMRI
- Interaction with a wide range of stakeholders in the rehabilitation field including international researchers, health care providers, policymakers, and patients
To apply, please send cover letter, CV, motivation letter, and statement on research interests to: email@example.com